Thursday, September 28, 2006

Our Supposedly Peaceful Morning

Our house is usually soothingly busy in the mid-to-late morning. Every one is minding they’re own business, and there aren’t any distractions yet to start our day off crazy.

This morning I was coming in from chores, and had just walked into the porch, I was looking forward to relaxing for a bit before going on with the rest of my day.

But upon opening the door and walking in, I got an idea of something was wrong but I wasn’t sure what. All I could hear and see was…

“Stove’s breaking…get circuit breaker off… call Dad!” Above the din I heard in the kitchen an incessant tick, tick, tick that sounded like the gas stove was trying to start up a burner. Levi, and Mom were making a beeline to the electrical box. Britt was following them trying to get her connection on the phone back (which had been rudely turned off), and I didn’t bother to follow them (it only takes one person to flip a switch or two).

I went into the kitchen and noticed that one burner was lit and on Low and a knob for another burner was pointing at the Light space. I shut them both off, wondering what all the fuss was about.

Everybody was coming back into the kitchen and Mom says,

“Hey it stopped.” (talking about the ticking)

“Yeah, I turned it off.” I couldn’t figure out what in the world was they’re problem.

“How’d you do that?!”

“I turned the knob off.”

She looked at the stove for a second confused.

“It was on light” I pointed to the knob and turned it to where it was a second ago.

“Oh, DUH!!”

I made a couple mental notes that they all were, or used to be blonde, and that you don’t turn a gas stove off by an electrical box.

So what did you expect… a peaceful morning? I guess not today.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Bethany said...

LOL!!! I'm glad it was nothing serious, and that you were there to solve the problem Hannah! What would they do without you?! [grin]

Kristi said...

That is a hilarious story. I am giggling so much. You saved the day once again! (Referring to your spider story.)

~Kristi